Wrestling with Time





The clock is my enemy-
He glares at me through the night.
Bold-faced.
Reaching.
Feigning truth.



Attempting to swipe away my life.
One dash at a time.
Hope.
Passion.
Faith.

Unrecoverable.
Wasted. 
Lost forever.

His arms wave past the numbers.
Winding up.
Counting down.
Spinning to-do lists.
Undone lists.

The clock is my enemy-
Smirking at my loss of rest.
Whispering a blue haze of exhaustion .
A brimming schedule of bleary-eyed moments.
Impatience.
Weary bones.
Dark circles.
Heavy Grief.
Mental Emptiness.


The clock is my enemy-
Poking.
Prodding me to fight- to wrestle with my heart.
Temptations.
Dreams.
Fears.
Insecurities.


Reminding me of my brokenness.
Flaws. 
Poor choices.
Pain I've caused.

But I know the truth.
So I smile
Smirking back at him.
The more he taunts
The taller I stand.

The truth sets me free.


I boldly march.
Tenderly lead.
Lovingly guide.
Tend, mend, and restore.

Time is trash and treasures.
Purge trash.
Lies.
Shame.
Mistakes.

Embrace treasure.
The best.
The important.
The lovely.
The eternal.

Repeat joy with the new day's sun.
Praying for patience.
Sometimes failing.
Sometimes tired from the fight.
Moving anyway.
Loving anyway.
Trusting anyway.


Hush Mr. Clock-
Today's undones waterfall into tomorrow's challenges.
My future's breath.
Dreams.  
Direction.
Surrender.

Hush Mr. Clock-
You are not the boss of me.
You do not dictate.

I do.
I choose rest.
Play.
Work.
Love.
Faith.
Passion.
Laughter.

Hush Mr. Clock-
You may structure and texture the crust of my days.
But make no mistake- you are not the pie.



Comments

Popular Posts